Founded in 1898, Overseas AST was a major construction company based in Europe. In 1959 Overseas AST established operations in Dubai and in 1964 the business was officially incorporated by a Ruler’s Decree.
In 1983, two prominent UAE businessmen, Khalifa Juma Al Nabooda of Dubai and Abdulla Mohammed Al Mazrouei of Abu Dhabi, acquired a 51% share in the business. They acquired the remaining shareholding from the parent company in 2003.
Overseas AST now operates as a proudly UAE owned company with its Head Office in Dubai and branch offices in Abu Dhabi and Sharjah.