Overseas AST specializes in the delivery of near shore marine infrastructure and topside mechanical infrastructure in the Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Power, Desalination and Leisure and Residential industries. We have been at the forefront of construction in the UAE since 1959. Our first project was to dredge Dubai Creek and since then we have played a major role in supporting the region’s growth aspirations in our areas of expertise. Overseas AST’s flexible approach to service changing market demands has afforded us the opportunity to maintain a strong presence in the construction sector for many years and most importantly develop a successful delivery model specific to this region. Over the years we have established reliable strategic relationships and developed a successful track record specific to our expertise.
Due to our continued success we are now seeking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor, to join an already established professional commercial services team. Joining this team of professionals you will have the opportunity to work alongside a company shaping the environment of the UAE for the future.
To control expenditure and optimise revenue recovery and project margins while ensuring quality and health and safety standards are met.
- Feasibility studies (cost per key, cost per m2 etc.);
- Cost Planning and estimating (BCIS and NRM1);
- Value Engineering, cash flow forecasts, Whole Life Costing, risk management;
- Bills of Quantities production (NRM 2, POMI and CESSM3);
- Tender services including compilation, tender analysis, negotiations and recommendations;
- Contract drafting .
Essential Experience and Qualifications
- Experience in delivery of mechanical infrastructure projects is a must. Those candidates without prior experience will not be considered for this role;
- Degree in Quantity Surveying.
- Minimum of 3 years’ GCC experience
- Must have construction experience for minimum of 4 years';
- Knowledge in the use of QS software CATO or similar is required;
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Able to work on own or managing a team for project deliverables as project dictates;
- Possess good project background knowledge
- Proven English language technical writing ability and skills.
Desirable Experience and Qualifications
- Preference will be given to candidate who have MRICS APC status.
- Arabic language skills is a plus.
Rewards & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical insurance cover
- Life insurance cover
- Annual Flight ticket
- 25 working days annual leave
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme